From the plant scientifically known as Nigella sativa comes a small rectangular Black Seed which is also known as the Blessed Seed (Arab: Habbat ul Baraka, or Habbat ul Sauda). The Romans called it Greek Coriander; the ancient Egyptians described the Black Seed as a panacea. Dioscoredes, the Greek physician of the 1st century, documented it as an ailment for general health problems.
It is also variously known as kalonji in Hindi/Urdu कलौंजी kalauṃjī or كلونجى/कलोंजी kaloṃjī) or mangrail (Hindi मंगरैल maṃgarail), ketzakh (Hebrew קצח), chernushka (Russian черну́шка), çörek otu (Turkish),
habbat al-barakah (Arabic حبه البركة ḥabbat al-barakah, seed of blessing), siyah daneh (Persian سیاهدانه siyâh dâne), karim jeerakam in Malayalam.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in his divine wisdom said "Use the Black Seed for indeed, it is a cure for all diseases except death." Saheeh al-Bukharee 7:591
Botanicals: black seed oil, black seeds
Ingredients: black seed (Nigella sativa) oil (50% of oils), our own goat milk, coconut (Cocos nucifera) oil, sodium hydroxide*, organic RSPO sustainably harvested palm (Elaeis guineensis) oil, castor bean (Ricinus communis) oil, black seeds (Nigella sativa), rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) oil extract
* Made with a 5% lye discount (superfatted) so no lye remains in the soap after curing.
• Handmade on our farm in small batches using raw milk from our own organically fed goats
• Bars are hand poured, hand cut and cured for 45 days
• Only pure essential oils, botanicals and minerals
• Only RSPO Certified sustainably harvested organic palm oil
• Lasts 4 to 6 weeks depending on usage — to maximize allow to dry completely between uses
• We hand wrap our bars in biodegradable, recyclable and compostable Biolefin
• We print our labels on acid-free lignin-free paper made from 100% recycled post-consumer fibers